Ciao Ragazzi!! This is the FIRST virtual Known World event in the SCA and is scheduled for May 8 – 9, 2020.
All classes will be posted on this YouTube channel for viewing after the event:
*If you like a class, please remember that Crowns are always asking for recommendations for those who are furthering the arts & sciences in the SCA. SCA names and Kingdoms of all teachers are listed below.
Known World Italian Salone di Fiesole (KWISF)
Join us, Decameron style, at our villa in the hills of Fiesole to wile away the hours avoiding the plague with friends and fun.
Activities will include:
•An open salon area via Zoom
•Classes hosted via the SCA Virtual Classroom
•Demos, challenges, performances and a ball!
Please note: times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT/ -4 GMT). We are anticipating attendees from all the Known World including Lochac and Drachenwald!
Event Steward: Tellina di Giuseppe da Fiesole (Tiffany Ballard, West Kingdom)
Event Steward: Giada Magdalena Alberti (Gigi Coulson, Gleann Abhann)
YouTube Playlist of ALL classes https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLlGtDzHzJOAoprmgiOELRo5T10bAcYILF
Friday, May 8 (EDT/ -4 GMT)
- Welcome & Introductions – Tellina (West) & Giada (Gleann Abhann) at 7PM
- Vince Conaway Concert – Vincenzo Conaway at 8PM (Ealdormere)
- Opera Performance – Laila al-Sanna al Andalusiyya at 8:30PM (East)
- Zibellino Show & Learn – Dianora di Cellini at 9PM (Meridies)
- 15th & 16th-century Venetian Clothing – Raffaella di Contino & Vittoria di Carducci at 10PM (An Tir)
- Florentine Salone: A History – Giannetta Andreini da Vicenza at 11PM (Middle)
- Masks of the Italies – Isabetta Orsini at 12MIDNIGHT (East)
- Flirts & Fools: Intro to Commedia dell’Arte – Niccolò Bartolazzi of Middle Kingdom
Saturday, May 9 (EDT/ -4 GMT)
- Sumptuary Laws in Bologna – Federico Marangoni at 9AM (Bologna, Italy)
- Galen’s Cold Cream – Gwlados Vachan at 10AM (Trimaris)
- 14th-century Clothing – Sarai Tindall Sogliano at 11AM (Middle)
- How to Make a Balzo – Damiana d’Onde at 12PM (East & Drachenwald)
- Venetian Flag Fans – Franca Donato at 1PM (Meridies)
- Renaissance Perfumes – Dúgū Jînán at 2PM (Northshield)
- Pretty Parasols for Pennies – Tatiana Verlioni at 3PM (Ansteorra)
- Trotula: Beauty and Hygiene – Gwlados Vachan at 4PM (Trimaris)
- Italian Calligraphy Manuals – Ciana dei Libri at 7PM (An Tir)
- Heraldic Trestle Table – Constanzia de Zamora at 8PM (Lochac/ Australia)
- May Day Italian Ball / Danze Italiane in 2 Parts – led by Judith de Northumbria at 845PM (West)
HOW TO ATTEND
- Use the zoom information below (Saturday Meeting ID: 868 2876 9338) to log in during the classes using the password Fiesole, OR
- Visit the Salone di Fiesole event page for links to the Zoom meeting to view the classes, OR
- Visit the SCA Virtual Classroom and Artisan Display group on Facebook.
- Browse through our classes listed in the “event” tab.
- Click the link to attend the classes, demos, or performances of your choice.
You may also:
- visit the SCA Virtual classroom group, choose the topic “Italian Salone”, and find our offerings there
- search for #italiansalone on Facebook
You will also be able to access the event offerings at a later time by clicking on the YouTube links to our class videos.
Be sure to mark your interest and RSVP on the Facebook event page here https://www.facebook.com/events/593034367973425
Known World Italian Salon di Fiesole – Virtual Event Pt 1
Time: May 8, 2020 07:00 PM Eastern Time / -4 GMT
Join Zoom Meeting –
Meeting ID: 817 2982 8804
Known World Italian Salon di Fiesole – Virtual Event Pt 2
Time: May 9, 2020 09:00 AM Eastern Time / -4 GMT
Join Zoom Meeting –
Meeting ID: 868 2876 9338
SPONSORING FaceBook GROUPS