A nice gamurra dress diary!
You can read the full write up about this dress in The Fifth Annual Italian Renaissance Costuming Challenge.
I usually make my gamurre bodices by cutting out the lining the finished size, the fashion fabric including the hem allowance, hemming the pieces and whip stitching them together. For my red gamurra I tried something a little different in response to reading about quilted bodices and also having a VERY fine red wool for the dress.
I cut my white linen including seam allowance, then brown linen and red wool without seam allowance. Finally another layer of red wool with seam allowance. The white, brown and first red layer I quilted with tinny running stitches. Then I basted the final red wool layer over the top.
Then treating all layers as one I sewed together with a small running stitch, ironed seams to one side and sewed down.
Here is the…
View original post 278 more words